At a glance
At a Glance
• £105k cash incentive for a 3- year contract
• Unlimited UK calls and SMS
• 25% saving on roaming data charges
• 16GB for the price of 8GB
Mobile Telephony TenderClient:
The client is a specialist consultancy with a focus on quality and innovation. A leading provider of pensions, investment and business consulting with offices throughout Europe and the Middle East.
The estate comprises over 300 mobile devices, including iPhones, dongles and Blackberry’s, with on premise BES and MDM solutions. The incumbent mobile telephony contracts involved two networks and two management companies.
The client wished to consolidate a diverse estate, consider a move away from Blackberry and explore infrastructure support and options to deploy BYOD.
Turnstone undertook a market review and an evaluation process with 13 suppliers initially considered and 9 invited to submit proposals. These were assessed on weighted criteria including cost, network coverage and BYOD deployment experience.
Two suppliers were shortlisted for detailed presentations. Turnstone then led the negotiation and contracting stage with the winning supplier, coordinating with the client’s legal team through to final signature.Key Business Benefits:
1. A 2 year contract providing flexibility to respond to changes in the market
2. No upfront capital expenditure
3. Next day handset replacement
4. Warranty period of 24 months for all kit
1. Line rental reduced from £36 to £22 per month
2. 16Gb for the price of 8Gb
3. Large hardware fund for a 2 year contract
Turnstone were able to provide on-demand support to LCP and assist with a complex and expansive tender process.
"We run a lean IT operation and are keen to do more but don't need resources on a full-time basis. That's why Turnstone's 'on demand' was appealing and fulfilled a real need"
"Overall very good-Turnstone negotiated hard on our behalf and their legal help was greatly appreciated. The legal negotiation side of things-particularly Tom's involvement made our life a lot easier. The mobile landscape moves quickly and is so complicated that it made sense to work with people that are skilled negotiators.