At a glance
- £3m Outsourcing of Customer Contact Centre
- £300k (10%) saving achieved with the vendor
- Strong contract with performance related payments
Call Centre Outsourcing NegotiationClient:
Confidential- major UK telecoms company
The client is a major European telecommunications, internet and financial services provider. It is the second-largest mobile telecommunications provider in the UK.Scope:
The company wished to outsource its customer contact centre to ensure that its customers gained best possible service at a highest possible ROI.
As the outsourced centre would often be the main form of customer service, exemplary performance was crucial.Key Business Benefits:
Cost Savings: £300k
- Clearly defined requirements and service levels, allowing performance to be contractually managed
- Performance links to payment and service credits, ensuring supplier focus
- Transition to the new call centre was smooth, with no impact on end customers
- On-going vendor performance, well-managed through governance processes, which had been contractually agreed
Turnstone experts ran a tendering exercise to assess the market against the current internally provided centre.
Like-for-like comparison was implemented, through a detailed requirements structure. Bidding suppliers included Teletech, Ventura, BT, Didata and Cable & Wireless.
The team utilised a structured negotiations process, incorporating all stakeholders as appropriate.
This ensured internal buy-in and transfer of requirements into the end contract, allowing a smooth implementation.