At a glance
- Fixed cost negotiated, savings of 10% per annum
- SLA’s enhanced, KPI’s improved and aligned with the new service
- A dedicated Account Manager assigned to Clarks
IT Perimeter Security RFPClient:
Clarks International is a UK-based shoe retailer, with operations in Europe, the United States and the Far East.Scope:
The company needed to re-tender their IT Perimeter Security service, and required extra resources and expert. Turnstone’s consultants joined the Clarks team to provide professional opinion on the outbound RFP, to evaluate supplier responses and provide feedback on the chosen suppliers’ contract terms.
Some of the key issues included high administrative costs for change requests, service management reporting and replacement of end-of-life equipment.
Cost savings of 10% per annum were achieved.
- The vendor increased its discount for payment up front
- The termination clause was updated to reflect payments in advance
- Limitation of liability was increased with no additional cost to Clarks
- The vendor improved its position on the services associated with the “check point” provision, to include responsibility for software audits
- Delay deductions were incorporated into the contract
- The vendor provided a defined solution and pricing structure for goods and services related to Fault Management on Maintained Devices
- KPI’s were improved and aligned with the required service
- Clarks stood firm with their position that 3rd party cost should not be incurred until goods or services “go live”
Turnstone provided a model RFP document and helped with input and feedback on the key sections. The expert team scored vendor responses and provided commercial advice on next steps. Crucially, the winners contract was reviewed, with the key parts highlighted for negotiation.
In addition to the enhanced contract and service levels, a pro-active end-of-life equipment replacement programme was set up.
An ‘all inclusive’ service with unlimited change requests for the duration of the contract was negotiated - previously these were managed and charged individually. The result was a fixed, known cost with less administration.
“Using Turnstone at key stages in our selection process enabled us to complete a successful tender process with limited resources in terms of both manpower and budget”
Procurement Category Manager