At a glance
- 45% saving - £133k pa, representing £399k over the 3-year term.
- Improved contract terms for SLA’s, change control and flexibility
- Full RFI and RFP process managed by Turnstone
Re-tender of Hosting and Management of B2C Website and DatabaseClient:
National Marketing Association
The client is Europe's largest trade association in the marketing and communications sector, formed in 1992 to protect the direct marketing industry from legislative threats and promote its development. It has more than 900 members in and outside the UK, including agencies, list brokers, mailing houses and blue-chip corporations.Scope:
The client used a number of suppliers to host their key website and database. To reduce costs and encourage innovation, it wished to re-tender and consolidate its suppliers to a single source.
Turnstone was approached by the client to manage the sourcing process and undertake commercial and contractual negotiations. A key requirement was to run a robust, transparent and auditable process.Key Business Benefits:
- 45% saving - £133k pa, representing £399k over the 3-year term
- An upgrade to the website including new design and more functionality
- Improved contractual terms with greater clarity on the supplier’s obligations
- Inclusion of future volume changes
- Modernised hardware platform with an agreed upgrade path
- Ad-hoc fees for future work keenly negotiated at the time of contract renewal
Turnstone undertook the majority of the tendering workload, working with the client team to obtain the raw inputs and to gain management approval at the key stages.
The team of professional negotiators ensured a fair selection process and put a robust contract in place, with better protection for the client’s interests.
The negotiator worked with the vendor’s sales teams to hammer out the best pricing and best terms, resulting in a net saving of almost £200k per year for the client.