Our two practice areas are IT procurement support, and Digital consultancy / IT transformation services.
We were founded in 2006 by an ex PwC management consultant and a CIPS qualified IT procurement expert.
The challenge was to create and bring to market a new and somewhat unfamiliar consultancy service.
All our clients do their own ‘IT procurement’ work internally to some degree, and may not have sought external support previously, until they’ve had a positive experience with Turnstone’s input.
Our Key Values
1. “Well done is better than well said”
2. Understanding of the pressures of running an IT function
3. Practical input for clients, not powerpoint
Turnstone by Numbers
- Digital Reviews and IT health checks give 10+ board level recommendations
- Our RFP’s have saved clients > 6 times more than our fees cost
- Average 12 red flags found per IT supplier contract review. 75% resolved during subsequent negotiations
- Negotiations with over 350 technology suppliers
- Flexible input from 1 to 30 man days
Our procurement consultancy experts are members of CIPS (the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply).
It is this knowledge of all the elements which constitute a good IT deal, and how to achieve it for clients that sets us apart.
Our technology experts are seasoned professionals with the right blend of industry experience, who’ve been there and done it.
We employ based on merit and skills, with a diverse workforce drawn from many different backgrounds.
We set a high bar to work for Turnstone, where not only the right level of CIPS accreditation and IT buying experience are required, but also the right way to communicate effectively with clients.
Do contact us if you are interested in joining the team, on 020 7936 4373. We are based just off Fleet Street in London, and offer flexible working.
Five Reasons To Work With Us
- You’re busy, but have some major renewals or RFP’s coming up and need a safe pair of hands
- You need technology expertise to look at digital strategy, or run an IT health check
- You want the best SLA’s in your contract, not just the legalities sorted
- You have zero consultancy budget but want to get straight to the best vendors
- Good cop / bad cop: you’d like some extra firepower at the negotiating table
Client organisations are in the £10m-£500m turnover range, typically in the Financial & Insurance, Retail & Leisure, IT services, Media and Property sectors.
It is mostly CIO’s, CFO’s and CPO’s that we work for within a client, working alongside their team.
Partners and Alliances
Turnstone are members of the Management Consultancies Association (MCA), British Computer Society BCS.
Within the MCA, we are part of a network of specialist partners with access to an extended range of consultancy services.