IT PROCUREMENT POLICY, PROCESS & TRAINING
We appreciate that every company is unique – we develop what you need, not just what the textbook says.
Our library of documents is ready to be customised, by pragmatic consultants with wide industry experience.
– Build procurement policies
– Implement vendor management processes
– Produce standardised RFP & RFI documents
– Agree risk management & escalation procedures
– Develop a suite of standard IT supplier contracts
Gain years of valuable career experience in a one day course.
Run on your site for 5 to 10 attendees, we customise them with your upcoming IT renewals, real supplier examples and latest market intel.
Choose from one of five courses:-
- IT Commercial Skills Builder
- Negotiation Skills & Driving the best deal
- Successful Outsourcing
- Advanced Software Procurement & SaaS
- Vendor Performance Management
- Wider staff awareness of what’s possible and what to avoid
- A more favourable position in your contracts
- More confidence to negotiate and control suppliers
IT Commercial Skills Builder
This course will enhance your commercial skills in sourcing IT goods and services, increase your confidence with suppliers and ability to reduce cost. It will help you to manage the commercial risk inherent in any IT contract, through practical real world examples.
Negotiation Skills & Driving the Best Deal
We explore each of the key stages, with the tools and techniques used at each stage. Through a process based on facts, we remove emotion from the negotiating table and provide a structured approach. We cover all negotiating levers, including, your ideal, realistic and fall-back positions. The course culminates in a customer/supplier practice negotiation, run in a safe environment, where delegates can try out the new techniques and receive feedback from our procurement experts.
Successful IT Outsourcing
The procurement of large scale IT services can be challenging, with many examples of failed project in the press. This course outlines the fundamentals for ensuring a successful contract and project delivery.
Advanced Software Procurement & SaaS
Understand the range of charging mechanisms used by vendors, how they protect their revenue stream and gain practical advice on how to mitigate the commercial risk inherent in every software contract, including newer cloud deals. The course includes a valuable checklist of the key negotiation points in software procurement’s.
Vendor Performance Management
Most companies have a wide portfolio of IT suppliers, which requires careful management to extract the best value and keep them all performing.
Course delegates will gain the skills and techniques to drive exemplary performance from their suppliers. During the course we will identify which suppliers need full supplier management and why, undertake a formal supplier risk assessment, and gain an understanding of contractual risk and how to handle it.
– Better control of contract and supplier management
– Staff ability to negotiate with vendors and risk awareness
– Stronger relationships with key suppliers
To see examples of our outputs, or for more information, do get in touch.