At a glance
- Largest IT outsourcing contract in Europe
- £18m saved in overall negotiations
- Ongoing vendor management to ensure delivery matched the contract
£300m IT Infrastructure ConsolidationClient:
The client is a major European tele-communications, internet and financial services provider. It is the second-largest mobile telecommunications provider in the UK.Scope:
The company started a project of consolidating its IT infrastructure. The project was worth £300m, and the company used a global IT services partner to deliver it.
Turnstone resources were part of the team working on the project, managing all the commercial negotiations.
- £18m saved through initial negotiations and on-going vendor management
- Client risk reduced through smart penalty clauses
- Vendor resources contractually committed to ensure time efficiency
- Accurate cost reporting and budget forecasting
- Scope-creep avoided through change management process
Turnstone worked in collaboration with client staff from the business, IT, Finance, Legal and Procurement, providing additional capability and expertise.
Turnstone managed the commercial aspects of the consolidation, tracking actual costs against budget. The key to success was having a vendor focussed on quality delivery, through accurate contractual requirements.