At a glance
- 50% - £310k savings off s/w and implementation costs
- Strong, performance based contracts
- Successful go live, on budget and on time
SAP Licensing and ImplementationClient:
Silja Line is a Finnish cruise-ferry brand for car and passenger traffic between Finland and Sweden, transporting about three million passengers and 200,000 cars every year.Scope:
The company wished to centralise their fragmented buying processes, through implementing a central procurement system.
Lacking time or staff resources to do the necessary market research, Silja engaged Turnstone.Key Business Benefits:
- £210k (40%) saved on software licence fees
- £100k (10%) saved on implementation costs
- Costs of integration with the legacy system were tightly controlled
- Scope creep and implementation costs managed through a milestone-based contract
- Project went live early and precisely on budget
Working closely with the in-house team, Turnstone facilitated a detailed comparison of the Ariba and SAP procurement solutions, out of which SAP was chosen.
Ensuring business requirements were clearly defined, the team published an RFP and evaluated bidder responses. The process included supplier demos against scenarios, with results that could be compared.
Turnstone undertook contract negotiations with the winning supplier (SAP), positioning the client as a strategic customer to obtain improved service at reduced costs.
During the subsequent implementation, Turnstone were engaged to provide vendor management, to ensure the project goals were achieved.
Eija Rasanen, Vice President, Silja Line
"Turnstone proved invaluable to the project. They kept our supplier costs down and reduced the admin hassle. They saved us €400k of consultant mandays by negotiating a rigorous contract with our supplier."
Steven Robson, CFO, Silja Line
"We were able to negotiate pretty good prices and terms ourselves, however we've been able to secure better prices and terms having deployed Turnstone. As a result we can control our suppliers better"