At a glance
- £510k cost savings
- Enterprise level SAN procured, scalable for future needs
- Enhanced after-sales support from the supplier
New Storage ArrayClient:
Land Securities Properties Ltd
Land Securities is the largest commercial property company in the UK and the leading British property development and investment company headquartered in Central London. It owns and manages commercial property, from London offices and high street shops to major shopping centres and out-of-town retail parks.Scope:
The company deployed Turnstone to run a tender for a replacement storage array, as their old array was reaching the end of its life.
The tender included all of the key solution providers. Service was a key element of the contract and the successful bidder would have to show a strong capability in this area.
Land Securities wanted:
- High performance and future proof specification
- Value for money
- A strong supplier relationship and after sales serviceKey Business Benefits:
- £510K cost saving over originally quoted price
- Scalability ensured for future increases in capacity
- Quarterly health checks included in the price
- A tight contract with the channel partner
- Close relationship with the hardware manufacturer
Land Securities undertook market research and chose the best hardware bidders.
Turnstone created the first draft RFP for approval, took part in the evaluation of supplier bids and provided professional opinion on the final contract.
Turnstone’s support consisted in:
- RFP creation, with significant input from Land Securities’ technical team
- Review and evaluation of the suppliers’ responses
- Short listing of successful suppliers
- Professional opinion on the standard contract terms and conditions of the winning supplier
“The outcome has been an Enterprise level storage array that will meet Land Securities’ requirements for the foreseeable future at an extremely reasonable price.
Turnstone are a long standing trusted partner, providing valuable input at specific key points in the process”.
Head of Infrastructure Group IS