At a glance
- £111k (12%) saving achieved
- Commercial support to free up Visa technical resources
- Full market tender carried out
Tender for a New Storage Area Network (SAN)Client:
Visa CEMEA is a branch of the American multinational financial services corporation Visa, one of the most recognized financial services brand in the world.Scope:
Visa, needed to double their Storage Area Network (SAN) capacity, along with an upgrade to the base technology.
The company was facing a major procurement exercise to gain the best commercial deal. The particular challenges included:
- Insufficient time to manage the full process internally
- Little commercial expertise in this particular type of procurement
- Business critical timescales
- Implementation deliverables and timelines were set against payment milestones
- Technical staff were freed up to concentrate on the implementation effort
Turnstone supported the end to end process, starting with a large set of requirements from many sources within the client company, and rationalised them into a coherent RFP.
Turnstone experts worked onsite with the Client’s technical, procurement and legal staff, acting as the focal point for the project, reporting decision points back to the stakeholders.
An evaluation scorecard was created, in agreement with the technical functions, and suitable vendors were identified.
The team then published the RFP, managed vendor Q&A and evaluated vendor responses.
An e-auction was carried out to determine best commercial pricing, providing a final summary of quality scores vs. price.
Once the best vendor was chosen, contract negotiations were conducted, producing the following outcome.